Preparation. What do you need to get started?
Your development environment consists of:
- IDE (like Eclipse) or plain text editor (like notepad)
- Java application server (e.g. tomcat)
- Git client to get the ibis4example code
- (Optionally) a maven build tool for building a war file to deploy
- (Optionally) a GitHub account to clone ibis4example and store your changes
- (Optionally) a AWS free tier account
There are hundred possibilities, so we’ve selected two preferred options for you to get started, for local development we suggest Eclipse, this will cover point 1 to 4 from the list above, if you do not want to install any tooling we suggest the AWS Cloud option where you will be able to work directly on your GitHub account or with any simple editor.
Which environment will be the best for you? Make a choice between a local or a cloud environment using this decision matrix.
|Time to set up||10 minutes||5 to 15 minutes|
|Creditcard required||✓ But 100% free|
|Needs JDE / JDR||✓ For Maven build|
|Online accessible console||✓|
|Required local space||0MB||500MB|
|My choice is||cloud||local|